Subject: More SMC Elite16C Ultra fun
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <aellwood@MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/1995 01:29:41
I took the advice of whoever said to get a second disk drive and no
longer get the NIC memory corrupt error when trying to ifconfig ed0
(have it set back on IRQ2, I/O base addr 280 and RAM window D000-D3FF
-- this works fine in DOS).

I can add my gateway to the route table now.  However when I try and
ping I get lots of (even if I ping myself):
arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo
(There's no return after the error message, btw, it just wraps around)

I get the same ed2: timeout if I set up the card for ed2.  I can ping
myself, just nothing else.  I get Host is down errors if I try and
ping the gateway (as well as timeout errors).

Here's what's on my machine:
Processor: 	90MHz Pentium
Motherboard:	SQ588 PCI 16MB RAM -- builtin IDE (not used)
Video card:	ATI Mach64 2MB VRAM
SCSI card:	NCR 53c810 card (specifically PCI-SC200)
Ethernet card:	SMC Elite16C Ultra
Sound card: 	Sound Blaster 16

The SCSI card is on IRQ 11
The Sound Blaster is on IRQ 5 with a I/O base addr of 260-273 (no conflict w/280)
The SMC card is on IRQ 2

All RAM shadowing is off except the system BIOS shadow which can't be turned off.
This area appears to be 0040-004F.

Sorry that I didn't post this stuff again.  I figured people didn't
want to keep seeing it with every message I send.

Alexandra Ellwood
(aellwood@mit.edu)