Subject: Re: Is there anybody who sells CD containing NetBSD?
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Volker A. Brandt <volker@sfb256.iam.uni-bonn.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/25/1995 14:50:57
Hi Chris!

> Charles is correct (i think i'm the one who gave him that bit of
> information... 8-).  The BSDisc does _NOT_ contain a complete copy of
> the NetBSD 1.0 distribution.  Because of that, *i* don't feel very good
> about encouraging anybody to buy it...

It seems that you and other core team members resent the fact that NetBSD is
sold on CD-ROM.  You repeatedly mention that the BSDisc NetBSD distribution is
incomplete, yet you (a) don't specify what is missing, and you (b) don't give
any information about other CD-ROM-based NetBSD distributions and/or the
"proper" way of obtaining a complete NetBSD release for CD-ROM distribution.

I am at a loss as to why you take this attitude.   Maybe I'm reading too much
into your postings ...

I think that the Walnut Creek FreeBSD CD-ROM has helped FreeBSD enourmously.
For every NetBSD user, there must be 10 FreeBSDer out there, not for technical
reasons, but just because of accessability of the distribution.

I would like to see something similar for NetBSD, and I hoped the BSDisc could
be "it".  If you think it isn't, please let us mere mortals know why.

Thanks -- Volker

Germany held hostage: Four more years?			Volker A. Brandt
Internet: volker@iam.uni-bonn.de			Angewandte Mathematik
Phone/FAX: +49 228 63 36 84				(Bonn, Germany)