Subject: Re: Is there anybody who sells CD containing NetBSD?
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
From: Ted Nolan SRI Ft Gordon <ted@ags.ga.erg.sri.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/24/1995 17:04:55
In message <199501242054.PAA03941@epiwrl.entropic.com> you write:
>>Is there anybody who sells CD containing NetBSD 1.0 source + binaries +
>>XFree863.1 + other stuff?  If so, could you tell me the number and the price?
>

>InfoMagic sells the BSDisc, which has both Free and NetBSD.  Includes source,
>binaries for a couple of architectures (including i386), and XFree86 3.1.
>Charles Hannum mentioned that they didn't include everything - I don't know
>anything about that.  I don't have their number (it cost me $40, but people
>have gotten it for less).  I have no connection with InfoMagic, other than
>I bought their CD :-)
>
>--Ken

As I understand it, InfoMagic presses the disk and sells it retail.
DiscNet Inc handles subscriptions, which give you the disk at $19.50
a pop.  Shortest subscription is 3 issues.  I think you can get in touch with
Jon Cargille (jcargill@cs.wisc.edu) for details.  I subscribed, and have been
a satisfied customer.

As to the disk not including everything, the security packages are
missing so that the disk can be exported.  If you need this (and you probably
do if you are on a net), you can FTP it from the usual suspects.  Granted
this is a pain, but I view it more as the government's fault than DiscNet's.

				Ted Nolan
				(No connection except customership)