Subject: Re: repartioning existing drive w/o losing data
To: Brian D. Carlstrom <bdc@ai.mit.edu>
From: Nate Williams <nate@sneezy.sri.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/18/1995 17:26:41
> some winux leenie wrote a dos program to split an existing dos partition
> into two parts w/o haveing to lose the existing data.

It's called FIPS, and it's available on the FreeBSD ftp sites in the
tools/dos-tools directory along with some other useful programs.

However, note that you will need to compress your hard-drive (move all
the data to the beginning of the partition).  Since your friends box is
new, the disk is probably compressed already unless he has installed a
lot of software on it since he got it.  DOS starting with version 6
comes with a disk compresser, but I can't remember the name of it off
the top of my head.

Nate