Subject: installation
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Brown <kbrown@CS.Scarolina.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/1995 00:30:24
This is an installation question:  I'm hoping to set up my disk with
multiple OS's on it and use OS/2's boot manager to switch between them.
I want my disk to look like this:

Primary Partition 1		DOS
Primary Partition 2		OS/2 Boot Manager
Extended Partition
	Logical Drive 1		OS/2
	Logical Drive 2		NetBSD
	Logical Drive 3		A different version of NetBSD

The OS/2 install manual implies that this sort of thing is feasible.
But is it really?  Can NetBSD be installed on a logical drive?
A problem I see already is that the type of the partition is supposed to
be set to 165 but the logical drives don't seem to have types, only the
partitions.  And worse yet, pfdisk, which I was planning to use to
change the partition type, cannot even see the logical drives, only the
extended partition.
I looked through the FAQ and install guide, but this point does not seem
to be covered.  Any guidance would be much appreciated (I have never
touched NetBSD before so excuse any stupidity on my part please)

Thanks,
Kevin Brown (kbrown@cs.scarolina.edu)