Subject: the msdos saga continues...
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/16/1995 16:10:34
Thanks to the excellent advice I got here I managed to get my msdos
partition mounted.  The trick was to use the NetBSD fdisk program to
see what it thought the partitioning was and use those numbers in the
disklabel.  I did this and I could then mount my msdos partition.

Buuuuutttt now I try to copy some large files onto the partition I get
some strange errors about the file not existing partway through the
copy =:-o

The first time I tried the cp scrunged the dos partition.  I
reformatted the partition from dos and tried using dd to copy the
files across to the dos partition.  Using dd seems to work ok for
smallish files ~0.5Meg but I have one large file of 4.2Meg that I just
cannot get copied across.  The file seems to get botched at random
places.  Are their any known problems with the MSDOS file system code
under NetBSD 1.0 (no patches) on the PC?

BTW copying to floppy disk seems to work fine.

"Also, it takes a lot longer to get up North ..... The slow way"
        - "Clever Trevor" Ian Drury