Subject: mounting a dos HD under netbsd 1.0
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/11/1995 20:39:46
Hello folks,
                I suspect this is a FAQ but I cannot find the right
bit of the FAQ :-(

I am running netbsd on a PC and want to partition my hard disk to have
a small MS-DOS partition (bitten by the DOOM bug I'm afraid ;-).  I
have succeeded in partitioning the disk so that both NetBSD and DOS
happily coincide.  The partitioning I have looks like this:

a:      0 -   31 cyls   DOS
b:      32 - 201 cyls   NetBSD
c:      32 - 201 cyls   NetBSD "whole disk"

Now when I try to mount the DOS partition I get an error about invalid
arguments (definitely not "device not configured").  Now, I _do_ have
the MSDOSFS option configured into the kernel as I can mount a DOS
floppy.  I suspect that my partitioning is not right but the above
solution was the only one I could find that did not screw up the DOS
partition when I did a disklabel under NetBSD.  Help!

BTW Yes, I am sure about my disk geometry! I am using the translated
numbers for NetBSD.

"Also, it takes a lot longer to get up North ..... The slow way"
        - "Clever Trevor" Ian Drury