Subject: Re: Firewall support?
To: Marc Unangst <mju@cs.cmu.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/1995 13:35:39
>Someone in one of the BSD newsgroups mentioned something about FreeBSD
>supporting firewalling.  I've looked on my NetBSD system (yes, I know
>they're not the same, but I thought the support might be common to the
>4.4-lite source base) and wasn't able to find anything.  Does NetBSD
>support firewalling/packet filtering?  If so, how do I set it up?  Do
>I need any additional software?

For some reason I had looked at Paul Vixie's screend at one time - it looked
relatively straightforward to get it working under NetBSD (and in fact in
the release notes, it says that if you want it on a Sun, then you should run
NetBSD/sparc).

I believe the FreeBSD ipfw is something different, though - I'm not sure
exactly what it is.

--Ken