Subject: Re: 3c509 but maybe really intel pci chipset woes
To: Ron Minnich <rminnich@mini.sarnoff.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/09/1995 03:24:37
Ron Minnich <rminnich@mini.sarnoff.com>  wrote:
 > I'm still stuck here. the 509 cards work fine in one pc, and don't work
 > in two others. The ones that they don't work in have a newer ami bios
 > which does have one menu screen mentioning plug and play. I haven't
 > figured out if i have disabled that part of the bios, the docs i have are
 > worthless.

Oh. hmm.. You mean the same card when transferred from one pc to another
causes different behaviour?  Be afraid.

 > So i have to disable plug and play on the 509, and then it won't matter
 > what bios i have?

That's the impression I've been given.  I personally don't have *any*
machines that exhibit this problem so I'm going on information gathered
from others.  I'd appreciate you playing around a bit and sending me
some more detailed summary information. It's the only way I'll eventually
be able to solve the problem correctly.

Try disabling plugh-and-slay on the 3c509 and see what happens...