Subject: Re: Mosaic for NetBSD current ?
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
From: Paul Richards <paul@isl.cf.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/29/1994 12:33:47

> I'm also violently opposed to Commercial vendors releasing beta software to the
> net for debugging purposes, then taking the bug-fixed version and trying to sell
> it back to the very people that reported the bugs... IF Mosaic wasn't so damned
> unreliable, I'd boycott Netscape completely...

Maybe you should read the release notes before making statements like that.

They quite clearly state that the release version will be freely
available too in order to promote the use of the internet, or
something along those lines. From memory I think they will be for
individual use only, i.e.  other commercial organisations that wish
to ship netscape as a bundled product will need a license agreement.

--
  Paul Richards, FreeBSD core team member.
  Phone: +44 1222 874000 x5958 (work), +44 1222 457651 (home)