Subject: Re: OS Boot Select
To: Adam Glass <glass@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Hvozda - API <hvozda@ops.raynet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/18/1994 11:52:27
> I've used OS-BS 1.35 w/1.0.  It lets me select between NetBSD and
> DOS/Windows NT 3.5 BETA.  Works OK.
>
> Has anyone compared OS-BS and Boot Easy?

I've tried both and OS-BS v2.0(?), and I prefer OS-BS v1.35...

The newer version of OS-BS tends to put all kinds of silly DOS like
graphics on the screen.  But it tries to support booting from the 2nd
HD like Boot Easy does.

Boot Easy likes to pretend there is a DOS style MBR on all HD's, whether
there is or not; and for those of you who have a strictly *BSD 2nd HD,
you've just lost your boot blocks, disklabel, and perhaps part of your
file system :-(

I had that happen about 8 months ago, don't know if there is a newer
version of Boot Easy out or not.  It seems to work fine as long as
you have DOS style MBR's on all disks...