Subject: Sound support for SB16 in NetBSD-1.0
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Tamola <buckwild@u.washington.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/16/1994 00:44:13
Dear sirs,

I am running NetBSD-1.0_BETA circa October 11 sources, and as of then,
the sound driver for the SB16 is not functional (i.e. an *.au file catted
to /dev/audio hangs the process).  Sorry if this was answered before, but
has this problem been fixed in -1.0?  The FreeBSD camp had somewhat of a
hack to the sb driver, in that you add three calls to a function
tenmicrosec() after each call to outb.  However, I found that this
function is not part of the NetBSD library, thus I get undefined symbols
when recompiling the kernel.  Is there a function equivalent to FreeBSD's
tenmicrosec() in NetBSD?  Or is this just because the FreeBSD sb driver
is completely different?

Thanks for any replies/suggestions.

Mark Steven de Sagun Tamola
buckwild@u.washington.edu