Subject: Re: NetBSD for Power PC
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hamish Marson <HAMISH@waikato.ac.nz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/15/1994 08:01:00
>> I was thinking of the PowerMac machines.  I haven't even *seen* a PREP
>> box.  Are they actually being produced?
>
>geez, i thought they were built and sitting in a warehouse cause ibm
>couldn't figure out what they were for. Dvorak had a funny comment, to

If you want prep, but an RS6000 model 40p. Its an RS6000 that just so happens to
be a rebadged prep machine. Probably from that same warehouse you heard of.
Motorola also sell a prep compliant range of machines with 66Mhz 603 processors
and 100Mhz 604's (No 601's cause IBM make those and Moto would have to buy them
in).

I believe someone else has also announced prep compliant machines as well...
Can't remember who though... Toshiba? Someone lkike that...