Subject: Re: NetBSD_1.0Beta crashing a lot
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Pug <pug@arlut.utexas.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/1994 06:55:00
> There have been a *large* number of bugs fixed since August 1.  I would
> strongly suggest that you at least update your kernel.

Well I recently installed whatever is in the NetBSD_1.0 directory and
Not only does it crash quite often, I still have the stupid cc: Internal
errors that was supposed to be fixed when I was still looking at going
from 0.9 to -CURRENT a couple months ago. This makes for making the
Kernel a real bitch. As well, if I take the ALL config file, edit out
what I want, I can't get the "make depend" to work. (It dumps a cpp.core
file.) I haven't bothered chasing down what is causing it since right
now I'm more worried about getting the kernel built at all so I can get
my case back on and my computer back together. (I'm building a kernel to
have it all on wd1.)

Ciao,

--
Richard Bainter          Mundanely     |    System Analyst        - OMG/CSD
Pug                      Generally     |    Applied Research Labs - U.Texas