Subject: dialup terminal lines
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <bmilliga@NMSU.Edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/05/1994 21:35:32
I am trying to set up a modem for a dialup line on a netbsd 0.9
system.  The modem answers the phone, but I get no login response from
the system.  Dialout on the modem works fine.

The kernel configuration for the com port is

	device com2 at isa? port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector comintr

The /etc/ttys line is

	tty02 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" dialup on

Is there something else that must be configured?  Should there be
a flags argument in the kernel configuration?  If so, what should it
be and how can I figure it out?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Brook Milligan	                   bmilliga@nmsu.edu
Department of Biology              505-646-7980
New Mexico State University        505-646-5665 FAX
Las Cruces, New Mexico  88003