Subject: x core dumps on the netbsd binaries.
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ron Minnich <rminnich@mini.sarnoff.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/05/1994 20:57:16
ok, got ktrace working by building a KTRACE kernel. Sorry, i just assumed
it was in there.

anyway, all x binaries from sun-lamp segv instantly. kdump shows the open
of ld.so, 32 byte reads for magic stuff, three mmaps, and then BOOM!

ldd fails with segv too. Any hints gratefully accepted. Even the sun-lamp
imake blows up, hmm, is lamp running the same kernel as the binaries
available for ftp? I tried to compile an x11 tree that i have on a linux
cdrom, but the Project.tmpl from the linux source cdrom is contaminated with
what looks like linux-specific glop (i thought this was bad form ...).

thanks
ron

Ron Minnich                |"CAMDEN (AP) - The city this year plans to scale
rminnich@earth.sarnoff.com | back its volunteer-led Mischief Night campaign,
(609)-734-3120             | which is aimed at preventing pranksters from