Subject: P90 and 3C509 woes
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ron Minnich <rminnich@mini.sarnoff.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/01/1994 12:12:04
yer basic taiwan motherboard, intel pci chipset. says the slots are
'16-bit ISA'. has the bt946c scsi controller on the pci bus. I ran out of
$$$ for now so went with 3c509 on the isa bus. (ok, was this a mistake
:-( ) but i want 100B, not 10b!

anyway, i've booted the kdbt-10 and inst-10 disks, and the file system is
basically there, can boot off the hard disk, etc.. The system seems to work
just fine if i don't need a network. i can ifconfig, etc. What i don't get is
packets out the 3c509 to the outside world. I've hooked up to the 10bt port,
and to the aui port with a 10bt adapter. My offhand guess is i'm not getting
interrupts, but i have gone into the bios and reserved irq 10 for the isa
side of the universe, so can't see why that would happen.

any thoughts would be appreciated. Geez i hate pcs sometimes.
ron

Ron Minnich                |"CAMDEN (AP) - The city this year plans to scale
rminnich@earth.sarnoff.com | back its volunteer-led Mischief Night campaign,
(609)-734-3120             | which is aimed at preventing pranksters from