Subject: NetBSD-0.9 filesystem problem
To: None <netbsd-help@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <odysseas@cs.umbc.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/20/1994 15:27:10
	Hello,

		I managed to mess up my NetBSD partition table on a
	386 NetBSD-0.9 machine. I figured out the size of the root
	partition and now I am trying to figure out the offset to the
	/usr partition. I remember I had a root partition, a swap
	partition and a /usr partition. I can mount the drive and
	look through it with dd. I thought about searching for the
	magic number at the beginning of the superblock but I cannot
	find anywhere documentation on exactly what I should be looking
	for. Does anyone have any suggestions on a way to figure out
	where the beginning of the /usr partition is.

							Thanks,

							Odysseas

					Odysseas Pentakalos
			       University of Maryland Balto. County