Re: Results/reports for old GSoC projects?

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:14:55 +0100 Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 03:26:05PM +0100, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> > Based on the note "This project was completed ..." at the top of
> >
> > https://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/sysinst-enhancements/
> >
> > I'd hoped to see sysinst support for cgd in the installer (among
> > other goodies).  Having just tried to install a recent 7.99.21
> > snapshot, no such support is obvious.  Hence a question:
>
> Which install media are you looking at?
>
> At least on the CD images you should see an "Extended Partitioning"
> option (available when preparing the main filesystem or from the
> Utilities menu).

Fancy that!  So there is (I'm using a USB image, not that it matters
now).  Thanks for clueing me in.  I'd somehow overlooked it as I
followed the default path through the installer menus.  At some point
it would be good to update the installation walkhrough in the NetBSD
guide to mention the existence of the Extended Partitioning option (as
well as to keep up with some of the other changes in sysinst); I might
take a look at that when I have more time.

The question in the subject line still stands though: I've learned from
and enjoyed the papers written about the design of various NetBSD
subsystems, and it'd be nice to have access to whatever was written
about the GSoC projects (assuming that anything *was* written and that
public redistribution is acceptable). Maybe a wiki page compiling links
to the relevant email threads?  That I could compile on my own, if
there's any interest.

--
IDL