Re: More typos and suggestions

Hi,

thank you for your contributions!

On Tue, 7 May 2013 18:10:51 +0600 Michael wrote:
> I would like to tell you about some bugs I've recently encountered, along
> with ideas of possible enhancement.
>
> The NetBSD Guide, 27.1.1 Configuration of generic mapping
>       smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
> The variable does not exist anymore. After a long time spent searching the
> web, I found out it has been renamed to "sender_canonical_maps", and either
> it's not mentioned in the manpages, or I simply overlooked it.

`apropos sender_canonical_maps` turns out three results: postconf(5),
canonical(5) and cleanup(8).

> It would be nice to see some more examples, like this one, that allows the
> use of gmail, who require authentication and encryption: smtp_use_tls = yes
>       smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
>       relayhost = [smtp.gmail.com]:587
>       smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
>       smtp_sasl_security_options =
>       sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
>       message_size_limit = 20480000
> The contents of sasl_passwd are:
>       # destination                   credentials
>       [smtp.gmail.com]:587            mike.d.ft402:p4$$W0rD
>       # [mail.isp.example]:submission username:password
> It and sasl_passwd.db must have proper mode (640?) so that random people
> can not see their contents.
>
> The "message_size_limit" variable is very useful on its own, for emails
> nowadays may contain large attachments, and might fail to be delivered
> locally. If you run fetchmail from cron, that might give an illusion of
> having no incoming mail.
>
> Speaking of cron, it would be nice to mention it in "27.2 fetchmail", for
> this saves the trouble of checking mail manually once in a while.
>
> Some minor typos I've found elsewhere:
> The NetBSD Guide
>       13.10 Using a CD-R writer with data CDs
>               s/an pre-existing/a pre-existing/
>       27.1.1 Configuration of generic mapping
>               s/need change/need to change

I committed these two to the wiki guide.

> The Pkgsrc Guide
>       4.2.2. Fetching distfiles
>               s/holding/are holding/
>       9.15. Why do some packages ignore my CFLAGS?
>               s/so bad code/code so badly/
>
> I was not sure where to mail about this, so I decided to put it with the
> rest: The message of "cdrtools -atip"
>       s/Unformated/Unformatted

I'm not sure about all the changes. Could you please define where they should
be entered?
You can also see the new guide here: http://wiki.netbsd.org/guide/index/
There, you can also directly look at the sources and provide direct patches,
if you want to. This makes implementation much easier.

Regards, Julian