Re: Proofreading man-pages?

On Fri, 15 May 2009 14:02:45 +0300, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
>Hello.
>
>As I recently got my printer working again with lpd(8), I was thinking about >starting a hobby-project with NetBSD man-pages. Basically: print them all
>out and start reading with a pencil.
>
>While my english may not be fluent, I think this method would catch a big
>amount of typos, incorrect cross-references, stylistic flaws and other
>miscellaneous bugs.
>
>Has someone carried out such an undertaking? How many A4 pages are we
>talking about? Any recommendations?
>
>- Jukka,

If you're getting into this sort of endeavour, you might want to have a
look at the 181 open doc-bug PRs so you're not duplicating any efforts.
There are some interesting things in there, like this:
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=9627

(I'm sure there are some old documentation PRs that are no longer
relevant and can be closed, for that matter.  There are duplicates
complaining about IPF documentation being out of date or incomplete,
for instance.)

Regards,

Dave