Subject: Re: guide.diff
To: Adam Hamsik <haaaad@gmail.com>
From: Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@alumni.uni-due.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/21/2007 12:26:00
Adam Hamsik wrote:

> I have updated my patch so now there are all files. NetBSD guide also
> builds for me correctly. There is one empty subchapter in my patch in
> chap-net-misc with id chap-net-misc-sync-systemclock-server I don't
> have  enough information about setting ntpd server to write it. but if
> we add chapter about client we should add chapter about server also :).

Sure, we should have that chapter. We can add this to the worklist.
But I don't like like to fill up another chapter with "misc" stuff.
Why not just a "chap-net-ntpd" chapter instead?

> I will go to the weekend vacation tomorrow, there I want to write some
> missing parts of our guide mostly filesystem, disk device part(I hope
> that I will completely nuke misc chapter with this chapter).

That's sounds great!

> I want to include these subchapters in filesystem chapter:
>
> realfs -> lfs, ffsv1,ffsv2, ext2 etc.

okay

> puffs/FUSE filesystems

Isn't this -current/5.0? Will puffs be backported to 4.x?
To stay maintainable, the guide should only handle the two actual
release/stable versions
This will be NetBSD 3.x and 4.x, until the release of 5.0

But this should really not detain you from documenting the brandnew things!
We could put this temporary under http://netbsd.org/docs/ -> "FAQs and
HOWTOs",
maybe under something "New in NetBSD-current"

For puffs/FUSE please also look at:

	 http://netbsd.org/docs/misc/puffs.html

> pseudo filesys -> kernfs, procfs, nullfs etc.

okay

> in disk devce chapter I want to add these chapters
>
> netbsd partitions (include disklabel and wedges/gpt)

Oh, I would really appreciate to have documentation about wedges/gpt!
But this is also  NetBSD-current/5.0, or not?
So it's maybe not yet suited for the guide - but of course somewhere else!

> setup booting from partition.

okay

Many, many thanks for your support!

Best regards, Mark