Subject: Re: chap-bluetooth.xml
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/04/2007 21:57:58
On Fri, 4 May 2007, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Thu, 3 May 2007, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > I think to add the chapter, I should add entries in
> > 	Makefile	(alphabetical)
> > 	chapters.ent	(seems a mishmosh - should be alphabetical?)
> > 	netbsd.xml	(perhaps after chap-veriexec?)
> >
> > 	anywhere else?
>
> That should do. Run "make" and follow what's on the screen.

Sure, will do that later..  btw I can't regenerate the actual printable
portions of the guide as I've not got the bandwidth to download
tex-jadetex (~90Mb!), so will commit the above and ask www@ to rebuild the
guide when its ready.

slightly related, I installed "meta-pkgs/netbsd-doc" and found that I
still could not make anything, as "docbook-xsl" package was not installed
(I guess its built as a buildlink not an actual depends, I built
netbsd-docs package in a pkg_comp chroot and installed the binary
package). netbsd-doc should probably have a direct dependency there..

> > Any other comments?  I have aimed this at the 4.0 release audience for
> > now, there are some things that are only available in -current so I
> > ignored them for now (will update after 4.0 release)
>
> I've had a quick look, and things look good.
>
> Maybe only mention at what state the documentation is (NetBSD 4.0) once,

Hm, yeah .. I tried to mention 4.0 in places where the referred context
may change (or has already changed) in later versions, to leave it easier
to add messages later and to imply that upgrading might give you more. I
will remove a couple of them.

> and maybe consider not listing the platforms that enable BT by default
> explicitly - this may change. I'd rather expect to see some pointer on what to
> put into the kernel config to enable it. (Not sure if that's not too much
> data; a reference at some section 4 manpages may be enough!).

No, thats good - I have changed that section, to say that 'if support is
compiled in, messages will appear, otherwise you can add the following to
the kernel configuration file to enable it'.

thanks,
iain