Subject: Re: NetBSD WWW Wrapper
To: Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <beranger5ca@yahoo.ca>
From: Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@alumni.uni-duisburg-essen.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/20/2007 19:51:44
hi,

> Excuse me for rushing in abruptly, but since P.P. is proposing a better
> web interface, I would politely ask: are color variations and minor
> layout adjustments allowed,

If you have  concrete changes, send them to www@netbsd.org

But as you want to make changes to Przemysaw's proposal, mail him directly
or post to his forum.

> so that the NetBSD site be more like for
> the 21st century?
> [...]
> Here's a quick hack for the first page only - with Mozilla browsers it
> should have some rounded corners at the color transitions:
> http://beranger.org/mockups/netbsd/

wow, if that's the look of the century - then i want to live in
another ;-)

I prefer Przemysaw's colour theme, as it is clearer.

About the items from the left menu: IMHO,  there should be only as few as
necessary. Przemysaw's proposal has fewer items (but still to much).
That's an improvement and okay for me. But at the cost, that some direct
links to the most importannd resources are not so direct reachable
anymore (guide, mailing list archives, man pages and send-pr).

Why the link to "Supported Platforms"? They already have the right menu!

The link to "Documentation" and "System support" under the topic "Get
NetBSD" doesn't make much sense for me. Or is it meant  as "Get NetBSD
running"?

Why a topic called "Know NetBSD"? Doesn't say anything to me.

And please avoid the item "Links"!

Why no more News on the front side?

On the "Improving NetBSD" wiki page -
http://wiki.netbsd.se/index.php/Improving_NetBSD - i proposed, that the
website should have better and uniform looking pictures, maybe icons
instead of photos.

Regards, Mark

--
Mark Weinem