Subject: Re: htdocs/index.html page
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/02/2007 20:46:56
On Mon, 02 Apr 2007, Przemys?aw Pawe?czyk wrote:
> I'd like to download index.html page. I open cvs/htdocs then index.html
> link:
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/htdocs/index.html

cvsweb is a tool for reasearching the history of changes to the CVS
repository...

> And went numbed... 600 kB, 700, 800, 900,....1200 kB...1800 kB!!!
> My browser went on downloading the page until 1995 year appeared at the
> page bottom.
>
> My question: did someone go nuts?
>
> Does it mean every page from htdocs carries the stupid burden of
> the passed years?

... if you don't want to see the history of changes to the CVS
repository, perhaps you should not be using a tool that's designed to
show that history.

If you have a suggestion for improving matters, perhaps you could post
your suggestion.  For example, do you know of a better tool than cvsweb,
do you know of a better way of configuring cvsweb, do you have a patch
to make cvsweb work better?  Even a suggestion for an improvement would
be better than a stream of insults.

I have a suggestion for an improvement, but I haven't investigated how
to implement it:  I think it would be nice if cvsweb displayed only the
most recent few revisions, and had a some kind of "next page"/"previous
page" or "show all" link.

--apb (Alan Barrett)