Subject: Re: 7 points user's memo
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/02/2007 15:12:04
Hello Przemysl/aw

  PP> "No" has the same meaning (sometimes positive) as "yes"
    > (seometimes negative). I know that.

The only example that springs to mind is on active-low chip inputs,
and even then it's just because people associate low with "no".  Other
than that I have no idea what you might mean.

  PP> Everyone said aloud his opinion and that's all.

That's often the way that conversation works.

  PP> No, the accent is not on "suggestions" I've made but on the
    > time: "for the last time". In other words I declare that for the
    > last time I submit in the mailing list any idea of mine.

You're not going to write any more?

  PP> And to alleviate the utterance which could sound to many
    > blasphemously :-), I added that "it is not a threat" from my
    > side that "I never ever open my mouth to you" (it is a subtle
    > joke, a self-irony)...

It loses something in translation.

  PP> I don't want to write to ephemeral "www team", but to names
    > "with blood and bones."

I have no idea what that means.

  PP> That's only a restatement of facts. When Zafar Aydogan (wiki
    > maintainer) wrotes the "documentation is a rot" what do you
    > think it is? An accolade?

In the message that I read, Zafar wrote "So it starts to rot", which
was based I think on the misconception that xml diffs were the only
vehicle for doc corrections.  I'll let Zafar clarify that.  If he
wrote that the "documentation is a rot", then it may have been in a
private message, off-list.  Note that these two have very different
meanings.

  PP> You gave me a sparse occasion to write on substance of my ideas.

You can write whenever.  People will reply in their own time.  That is
the nature of a mailing list.

- Andrew Ball.