Subject: Guide translations (call for volunteers)
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <danieldk@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/05/2007 12:40:03
Hi all,

As some may have noted, we have disabled the links to all translations
of the Guide. The link to the Chinese Guide gave a 404. The Dutch,
French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Portugese (Brazilian) guides
are all too far behind the English version, and are not adequate for
recent versions of NetBSD.

I have sent an e-mail to the team leaders and/or translators for these
guides to get a status update, and possibly the translation sources
if their effort stalled.

We recognize that translations of the Guide, and other material,
are important for the success of NetBSD in countries that do not have
English as their native language. So, we are actively looking for
people who would like to revive these translations of the Guide.
Please let us know if you are interested in contributing to one
of these translations (or possibly new ones). You could also try
to contact the translation team for your language, by sending an
e-mail to one of the language-specific netbsd-docs-* lists.

If a translation of the Guide is on par with the English Guide, and
checked by some proofreaders, we would be happy re-enable the link
to that translation.

Thanks,
Daniel de Kok