Subject: Re: Defining one's own macros in the XML files?
To: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/31/2006 17:40:47
Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when translating Changes/2006 into German, I noticed that there are some
> texts that are redundantly translated. For example, I'd like to have a macro
>
> <developermail
>     from="&a.tron;"
>     list="netbsd-announce"
>     mailid="2006/04/26/0000"/>
>
> Which would expand to "See also &a.tron;'s mail to the netbsd-announce
> mailing list." Another thing that occurs often is the addition of a new
> developer or two, though I don't know yet if it's worth designing macros
> for it.
>
> Ideally, of course, we had some computer language to describe what
> happended and generate and translate the texts automatically. :)

Seems the mentioned phrase (See also ...) is used such often thanks to
some laziness of www team. I'm personally always trying to produce
variations, instead of just copying "See also ...", which sounds too
lifeless for me. So I'd prefer to continue writting this on my own.

Well, this way usually creates extra load on native english speakers,
who compeled to fix my errors, but this is another story :-)

--
Mishka