Subject: Re: How to include src/doc/ROADMAP in our web pages
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jun.sechs@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 06/11/2006 19:01:00
Martin Husemann wrote:

> How about defaulting your new variable to NETBSDSRCDIR though?
>
> (I think the right way would be to "cvs co" the roadmap file in a temporary
> directory, but that would probably cause too much other complications)

I thought about this as well, but since roadmap.html is _always_ built
this would need a net connection (for "cvs co") only for building htdocs.

This whole concept of using a file in different CVS tree from where it
lives opens a can of worms :-/. If I update htdocs I do not necessarily
update current-src. I cannot use make's ability to track outdated files
because CVS does not preserve timestamps. NETBSDSRCDIR does not
necessarily point at current sources.

I actually think it would be better to duplicate the file ROADMAP in
htdocs. If changes really happen rarely this should be feasible, we
could even provide a make-target for this and put a short note at the
top of the file.

ciao
     Klaus