Subject: Re: NetBSD Guide in Base System
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 03/10/2006 15:13:16
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Rui Paulo wrote:
> I would want to point out that we can include the txt version of the
> guide easily in the base system and it won't need any browser.
> It's also easy to add the pkgsrc guide to the system this way.

We don't have pkgsrc (or even /usr/pkg or /var/db/pkg) in the base system,
so there's probably no good reason to include the pkgsrc guide - all
that's needed to get started should be in afterboot(8) and INSTALL.*.

As for the NetBSDGuide.txt ... I'm not sure that's a big win, as there are
lots of images in there.

On the other handside, if it helps that people actually _work_ on the
Guide, that would be a positive effect.

  - Hubert