Subject: Re: NetBSD Guide in Base System
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 03/10/2006 10:42:16
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Martin Husemann wrote:
>> 1) what formats do you have in mind, and how would you watch them (for
>>    non-text formats) with tools in the base system
>
> If we'd go this route, I'd suggest: only the final html, and no tools
> to view it (nor any xml tools).

Do we have an HTML viewer in the base system?

On a related note, Charlie showed me "pkg_select" the other day, and I was
very impressed. I think instead of frobbing around with more sets, the
problem of installing packages in a convenient way from the base system
should finally be attacked. Adding the NetBSD-Guide package can then be
done just like adding firefox or links.

pkg_select can  be found in pkgsrc-wip.

  - Hubert