Subject: Re: FreeBSD User Management documentation
To: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/03/2005 03:04:06
On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Liam J. Foy wrote:
> Sure. Well, it'd be a completely new chapter. I would also remove:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-2boot.html#chap-2boot-adding-users
>
> 6.5. Adding users
> 6.6. Shadow passwords
>
> I'd then add the new documentation into:
>
> III. System configuration, administration and tuning

This sounds good!

Looking a bit closer, I actually think that the whole "6. The second boot"
chapter should be removed, as the mounting of CD-ROMs and floppies is
covered in 13. Using removable media", system shutdown and rebooting
should be in 5.10 "Rebooting the system".

Maybe looking into the preparational steps for this would be a nice first
goal, before working on the user management chapter.

Please also make sure that the copyright on that material allows this (and
give proper attribution, as we do for the PAM section).

  - Hubert