Subject: Re: FreeBSD User Management documentation
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/02/2005 20:23:35
On 21:15, Wed 02 Nov 05, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Liam J. Foy wrote:
> >	I am required to learn DocBook etc for a University Project.
> >Instead of writing rubbish to learn it, I have decided to move a
> >FreeBSD Chapter over to NetBSD (modifying it to our specification).
> >
> >The chapter is: [1]Chapter 13 Users and Basic Account Management
> >
> >Any objections? would it be accepted?
>
> Would this be for htdocs for the NetBSD Guide, and
> how would that integrate into the existing documentation?

Sure. Well, it'd be a completely new chapter. I would also remove:

http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-2boot.html#chap-2boot-adding-users

6.5. Adding users
6.6. Shadow passwords

I'd then add the new documentation into:

III. System configuration, administration and tuning
--
		Liam J. Foy
		liamfoy@sepulcrum.org