Subject: Re: another patch needed for htdocs
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 10/13/2005 12:29:37
Roland Illig wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> this patch creates a web.prefs.mk file in htdocs/share/mk, similar to
> the pkgsrc/mk/bsd.prefs.mk. I consider this a non-trivial change, and,
> as Alistair has tought me, it is better to ask for discussion before
> committing such a change.

As usual, I forgot to explain _why_ this patch is useful. From the other
thread you might know that I want to remove the need for many of the
Makefile.inc files.

With this patch applied, I could remove all of the Makefile.inc files
except the ones that specify the DOCLANG variable, which are still
needed. Almost all Makefiles in htdocs/ could be made four lines
shorter, without becoming harder to understand.

Roland