Subject: Re: docs for Xorg and NetBSD?
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 10/07/2005 02:07:48
--NklN7DEeGtkPCoo3

On 2005.10.06 16:38:24 -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
| On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Rui Paulo wrote:
|=20
| >| Anyone want to write up some quick docs for NetBSD Guide about standard
| >| steps for switching to X.org packages?
| >|
| >| (I am not asking for instructions myself. I was emailed off-list about
| >| this.)
| >
| >What's the difficulty besides 'echo X11_TYPE=3Dxorg >> /etc/mk.conf' ?
|=20
| I am not asking for instructions myself. I am very familiar with it --=20
| especially since I packaged up XFree86 before was even in pkgsrc. And I=
=20
| helped packaged XFree86 again and also X.org and also freedesktop.org=20
| xlibs and now X.org modular X.

I did not wanted to provide instructions to since that is really
pointless given the work you have developed...
I was only ASKING what is the difficulty.

| It has been asked a few times on different mailing lists. The answers and=
=20
| feedback and ideas are more than just defining X11_TYPE.

It would help if you could explain what kind of documentation you are
thinking about.

		-- Rui Paulo

--NklN7DEeGtkPCoo3

--NklN7DEeGtkPCoo3--