Subject: Re: Update screenshots
To: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
From: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 09/18/2005 14:50:00
On 14:20, Sun 18 Sep 05, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> Should we have a screenshots page at all?  What screenshots can you make
> that are *really* NetBSD-specific?  I'd rather replace the entire page with
> something like:
>
> > To see screenshots of NetBSD, please go to your favourite Linux website
> > and click "screenshots".

I disagree. New users would like to see NetBSD in action if they're
going to start using NetBSD. Yes, you could show Linux screenshots,
but this still doesn't have the same impact. I'd much rather have
them than not have them. It's not a huge overhead to maintain
really.

About NetBSD-specific - I showed in my screenshot(which I submitted)
me compiling software in pkgsrc. Although not completely
NetBSD-specific, it's still good to see in action.

--
		- Liam J. Foy
		liamfoy@sepulcrum.org