Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Indentation style and other nits
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/17/2005 00:29:48
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Rui Paulo wrote:
> | I wonder if there's some tool like pkgsrc/www/tidy or indent(1) for
> | DocBook/XML, to make it easier to get to that style?
>
> I wasn't able to tell tidy about this specific indentation. I normally
> use Emacs + psgml.. but not everyone likes emacs.

Let me put the question the other way round: Is there some ~easy[1]
way to transform a "badly" indented file into a "properly" indented file,
with as little manual effort as possible? Assuming the file's in proper
structure, XML-wise, of course.

Personally I include emacs as "easy"; problematic would be things like
GNOME or KDE, size- and dependency-wise. This doesn't answer the "no
manual effort" part though (I like emacs myself, but am not competent
enough to tell what psgml-mode is :).

  - Hubert