Subject: Re: call for volunteers: update flyer
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/10/2005 14:49:05
Jan Schaumann wrote:

> The flyer is available at http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/advocacy/#flyers
> in .tex format -- if somebody could take a look at this and bring it up
> to date and send me patches, that would be great!

I changed the Available in all sizes paragraph to open:

"NetBSD runs on a great variety of hardware platforms, from the
VAX 11/750 to the latest PCs and Windows CE palmtops."

(I don't like "a huge number of".  If you're going to say "a number of",
you might as well say *which* number [of].)

But the real question is, can we not claim:

"NetBSD runs on more hardware platforms than any other operating system of
any kind -- free or proprietary -- from the VAX 11/750 to the latest PCs
and Windows CE palmtops."

--jkl