Subject: Re: xsltproc RAM usage
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jun.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 06/29/2005 00:31:43
Rui Paulo wrote:

> Since xsltproc now eats more than 800MB of RAM are there any plans to
> make it grow less ? I saw a patch for xsltproc, is it functional? Is it
> in pkgsrc ?

There are actually two ways to decrease the RAM requirements, both
investigated by Hiroki Sato:

a) The patch for xsltproc to keep entities in RAM only once.
b) A simplified method to generate autolayout.xml.

I think we should apply at least one of those changes soon. Since b) is
completely under our control I would prefer this. Solution a) was
submitted to the xsltproc maintainers, if I remember correctly.

In the long run we will need both changes.

ciao
     Klaus