Subject: xsltproc complains about invalid XML namespace URI
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.mai.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/24/2005 00:16:40
Hi,

still learning XSLT:

I need a lookup table to translate a couple of strings into different
ones and I used a namespace for this, following an example I saw in a book:

  <xsl:stylesheet....
    xmlns:gmane="Lookup table for gmane groups"
    ...>

  <gmane:group list="current-users">gmane.os.netbsd.current</gmane:group>
  <gmane:group list="netbsd-advocacy">gmane.os.netbsd.advocacy</gmane:group>

When I use this stylesheet I get

  parser warning : xmlns:gmane: 'Lookup table for gmane groups' is not a
  valid URI
                xmlns:gmane="Lookup table for gmane groups"

Obviously, I should use a real URI. Is it ok to use the prospective
location of the document on www.NetBSD.org