Subject: Re: Doxygen generated documentation
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/23/2005 11:25:56
--cQXOx3fnlpmgJsTP

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 10:11:44AM +0000, Rui Paulo wrote:
>=20
> Yes it can and it's pretty easy to do it. Anyway, doxygen is nice to find
> duplicate header inclusion.
> Take a look at this include dependency graph:
> 	http://www.netbsd-pt.org/users/rpaulo/doxygen/nfs/krpc__subr_8c.html
> <sys/cdefs.h> is being included twice. I know we have #ifdef's so that th=
ey
> don't mix, but removing this file from krpc_subr.c or nfs/krpc.h may spee=
d=20
> up compile time.

The problem with removing "duplicate" includes is that you make include=20
files not-self-sufficient. You then end up with an irritating dance of=20
"add the needed include" when making a new file. Also, my understanding is=
=20
that the gcc pre-processor has smarts to help with this, so you wouldn't=20
really be saving much compile time.

I'd be much more interested in a tool which can figure out if we use=20
nothing out of an include file. ;-)

Take care,

Bill

--cQXOx3fnlpmgJsTP