Subject: Re: Doxygen generated documentation
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/21/2005 11:29:08
On 2005-05-21, Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk> wrote:
> On Saturday 21 May 2005 10:11, Rui Paulo wrote:

>> > Yeah, I think so.  I'm wondering... could this be extended to other
>> > subsystems?  wscons comes to mind, for example.
>>
>> Yes it can and it's pretty easy to do it. Anyway, doxygen is nice to find
>> duplicate header inclusion.
>> Take a look at this include dependency graph:
>> 	http://www.netbsd-pt.org/users/rpaulo/doxygen/nfs/krpc__subr_8c.html
>> <sys/cdefs.h> is being included twice. I know we have #ifdef's so that they
>> don't mix, but removing this file from krpc_subr.c or nfs/krpc.h may speed
>> up compile time.
>

> Excellent idea Rui.

Thanks :)

> Have you looked at the kde projects online api reference. This is doxygen done
> right http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/ They even offer
> a down loadable version.

Yes, that's a very nice example of extending Doxygen. I think if we want to
integrate this kind of stuff in the NetBSD website, we must do something
similar so that it can cope with NetBSD.org look and feel. About the
downloadable version, Doxygen can do it by himself.

> I think they generate the doxygen pages every week or thereabouts
> automatically.

We could have the same timeline for NetBSD-current.

> Rui im more than happy to help you mark up code with doxygen comments

That's something that must be discussed, because not everyone may want to
add Doxygen comments to the source. Another ideia is to add some target
to build.sh/Makefile to generate Doxygen documentation.

Doxygen comments aren't very intrusive, though.

--
Rui Paulo <rpaulo@netbsd-pt.org>