Subject: Re: CVS commit: htdocs/guide/en
To: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/06/2005 12:02:42
On Fri, 06 May 2005 02:26:24 +0900 (JST)
Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org> wrote:

> "Mike M. Volokhov" <mishka@apk.od.ua> wrote
>   in <20050505165459.484d3fc1.mishka@apk.od.ua>:
>
> mi> On Thu,  5 May 2005 12:21:23 +0000 (UTC)
> mi> Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> mi>
> mi> [snip commit messages]
> mi> > XML markup police:
> mi> >  - normalize indent and whitespaces.
> mi> >  - remove trailing-whitespaces.
> mi>
> mi> Hiroki-san,
> mi>
> mi> How do you done XML normalization? Is this was powered by some tools or
> mi> it was achieved by hand work?
>
>  Unfortunately, some are by psgml-mode and some are by hand.
[snip]

Oh my!

>  The newline and whitespace normalization can partially be done by
>  xmlformat but needs some additional tweaks by hand because xmlformat
>  cannot control line-breaks of inline element and indentation of
>  #PCDATA.

Hmmm... I'm not sure I've understand you properly, because AFAIK
xmlformat can do indent #PCDATA (with normalize & subindent). If some
content is disallowed to change (like <screen>), it must not be
indented as well.

Excuse me again, what exactly you meant about "control line-breaks of
inline element"?

--
Mishka