Subject: Re: Docbook tag for latest NetBSD release number
To: None <k.heinz.apr.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/21/2005 01:42:01
----Security_Multipart(Thu_Apr_21_01_42_01_2005_749)--

Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.apr.fuenf@onlinehome.de> wrote
  in <20050420001903.GC562@silence.homedns.org>:

k.> Hi,
k.>
k.> following the recent thread about using Docbook tags as much as
k.> possible:
k.>
k.> Any objections to use
k.>
k.>    <releaseinfo role="latest-release" />
k.>
k.> to insert the latest NetBSD release number from share/xsl/global.xsl

 For simply inserting the release number, I think use of entity
 is preferred.  I added &release.latest; and &release.latest.major; into
 misc.ent just now, so by using this:

 <!DOCTYPE webpage
   PUBLIC "-//NetBSD//DTD Website-based NetBSD Extension//EN"
          "http://www.NetBSD.org/XML/htdocs/lang/share/xml/website-netbsd.dtd">

 for .xml file and this:

 <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet
   PUBLIC "-//NetBSD/DTD NetBSD XSLT 1.0 DTD//EN"
          "http://www.NetBSD.org/XML/htdocs/share/xml/xslt10-netbsd.dtd">

 for .xsl file, these entities can be used without further modification.

 How about these?  <releaseinfo> is a container tag for release
 information of the document itself, so using it for simple
 substitution sounds a bit weird.