Subject: Re: Questions about the NetBSD 2.0.2 RA
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/19/2005 17:36:46
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:17:00 -0400
Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:

> "Mike M. Volokhov" <mishka@apk.od.ua> wrote:

[snip]
> > Another approach is a document formatting. Seems some bomb has been
> > exploded here. :-O
>
> Oh, come on, it's not _that_ bad. :-)
>
> But do you know of a decent auto-formatter / indenter?  I occasionally
> use 'tidy -i -xml', but I'm not quite happy with that output either.
> Also, it ruins <programlisting> and other pre-formatted text.

I personally use XXE2 for document processing at my company. It
produce just excellent output and I haven't look to another hepler
tools. The NetBSD files I prepare by hand with some vi macroses.

But seems that Paul DuBois' xmlformat is just what we need
(http://www.kitebird.com/software/xmlformat/). It's completely
configurable and I hope somewhere there are DocBook templates for it.

I'm already working on packaging it.

[snip]
> > Does this mean, that "since not so long time ago the release
> > engineering process ... was set back by hardware failures" or how?
>
> Yes.

Aha, thanks.

> > My second trouble is the following two items at list:
> >
> > ``(1) Prevent deadlock/panic on NFS clients after NFS server reboots and
> > caches aren't in sync. (2) NFS fixes to address incorrect atimes
> > updates and cache coherency issues.''
> >
> > Both items describe a problems with NFS cache. Is these different bugs
> > or not?
>
> I don't know.  Sounds like different things to me.

Possible somebody from releng team may explain this? Just interesting
as for NFS user...

--
Mishka.