Subject: Re: Should we use current DOCTYPE identifiers?
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.apr.fuenf@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/18/2005 05:44:29
Hiroki Sato wrote:
> Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.apr.fuenf@onlinehome.de> wrote

> k.> - ./developers/translate.xml
> k.>     "-//NetBSD//DTD Website-based NetBSD Extension//EN"
> k.>

>  Yes, please use the last one if there is no specific reason.
>  This is a "wrapper" DTD for docbook-website including man-refs.ent
>  and developers.ent.

Now we have a problem. developers/translate.xml had not been added to
layout.xml. After doing this, the generation of autolayout.xml does
complain about the unknown public identifier.
Closer inspection shows that XML_CATALOG_FILES contains URLs like this

  file://./share/xml/catalog.xml
        ^^^
We probably need to devise a way to have WEB_PREFIX _always_ be an
absolute path. Maybe we should have a variable similar to LOCALBASE for
pkgsrc (HTDOCSBASE ?) which WEB_PREFIX would use.

ciao
     Klaus