Subject: Call for Help: add mk.conf documentation to guide
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 03/17/2005 09:58:49
--N1GIdlSm9i+YlY4t

Hi,

In src/BUILDING, we describe the various variables that influence the
behaviour of make(1) during the build.  These are currently not
documented in the Guide, I believe.

I was wondering if somebody could add these to the chap-build chapter,
as 26.7.4 Setting variables in /etc/mk.conf

They could be written up as

    <variablelist>
      <varlistentry>
        <term>BUILDID</term>
        <listitem>
          <para>
             Identifier for the build.  The identifier will be
             appended to object directory names, and can be consulted
             in the &man.make.1; configuration file in order to set
             additional build parameters, such as compiler flags.
          </para>
        </listitem>

[...]

      </varlistentry>

This list does not need to be complete -- only the most commonly used
variables would suffice, with a pointer to src/BUILDING for details, I
think.

If you have time to do this, please send me a patch against
chap-build.xml and I'll apply it.

Thanks!
-Jan

--=20