Subject: Re: 2.0 release announcement (draft)
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.cuni.cz>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/10/2004 18:47:32
On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:33:54 +0000, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We should get started working on the translation of the 2.0 Release
> Announcement.  Daniel de Kok has imported a draft into
> htdocs/Releases/formal-2.0 -- this document will be updated as we
> approach the 2.0 release, but it can already function as a basis for
> translations.

Hello,

there are some inaccuracies in this document.

1) non-executable mappings - according to the clarification posted by
Chuck Silvers
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2004/10/12/0007.html), execute
permissions and write permissions are independent. The same applies to the
Guide, part 2.1.8 .

2) is the section about XFree86 versions correct? I don't think so.

<para>
    Lastly, it should be noted that the X11 binaries shipped in NetBSD 2.0
    4.3.0, <port>cats</port> is based on XFree86 4.2, and other ports on
    XFree86 3.3.6. You may at compile time pick which sources to build and
    install.
</para>

Bye	Pavel