Subject: Re: DocBook Element Stylesheet Formatting Revisited (WAS: Re: which boot image to use)
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <danieldk@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/02/2004 15:03:13
On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 12:07:23PM -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> 	There are mechanisms already in Docbook for this.  Unfortunately, I'm
> less inclined to strictly abide by them as our XSL/CSS stylesheet
> (NetBSD.css) doesn't apply unique formatting attributes to each element.

[snip]

In my humble opinion there are too many tags for formatting commands,
etc., in the DocBook stylesheets. And adding more different styles
and colors for all these elements probably won't improve readability,
especially concerning the fact that in some chapters and sections
the density of commands, variables, acronyms, etc. are is very high.
But I know many people won't agree with me ;).

Anyway, if we want to use these tags as much as possible, somebody
should go over the guide a few times, because there are many commands
and variable names that are not marked.

-- Daniel