Subject: Re: Guide on install CD
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/28/2004 11:49:20
--lkTb+7nhmha7W+c3

Daniel de Kok <daniel@netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 08:04:07AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Anyone want to add it to pkgsrc? Maybe a few packages: netbsd-guide-htm=
l,
> > netbsd-guide-pdf, netbsd-guide-text (plain text), netbsd-guide-postscri=
pt,
>=20
> I think it would be more useful to have it on CD-ROM as is, that way peop=
le
> can print it from Windows, Linux, or whatever they were using.

Yes, but we also really want the guide in package form, so people can
install it locally from pkgsrc.  The binary packages would have hardly
any runtime dependencies -- only BUILD_DEPENDS (which would be numerous
if we build directory from XML).

-Jan

--=20
   It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.
		  -- Calvin

--lkTb+7nhmha7W+c3

--lkTb+7nhmha7W+c3--